It’s a common misconception that rain gutters are just for preventing water from running down the roof and into your home. The purpose of rain gutters is to collect all the water before it falls off the roof, which can potentially cause problems with your foundation or exterior walls. But is a new roof better if you install rain gutters? This blog will focus on whether or not a new roof is better if you install rain gutters on the roof.
– A new roof is a costly investment. It’s no wonder that many homeowners are hesitant to invest in a new roof if they also need rain gutters for their home. The good news, however, is that installing rain gutters on an existing roof can actually extend the life of your current roof by preventing water damage or mold from developing and cause other problems for your exterior walls and foundation.
– On average, it will cost you about $500-$1500 to install rain gutters on a single story house with one gutter downspout. You might be wondering why this price range varies so much – all homes have different needs when it comes to size of the drainage system needed depending how close together the buildings are being built; the type of roofing material (tin, asphalt shingles, slate); and the height from which rain gutters are needed.
– The cost to replace a roof can vary greatly, but it is important that the replacement be done soon because roofs are integral in protecting your home. For example, according to HomeAdvisor, for an average size house with one story and of medium quality construction – like many homes around here – you could expect anywhere from $5100-$10K on installation costs alone. The more expensive materials used will bump up those prices even higher; however there are also some companies who offer lower rates per square foot ranging between about 3-4 bucks which may suit your needs better if finances dictate what kind of material you use or how much space they need to cover
– Installing both a new roof and rain gutters can increase the total cost between $2000-$5000 due to extra materials needed and a more time intensive installation process.
– Overall, it is best to install rain gutters first before installing a new roof if you are looking for an affordable option that also helps your home stay in good condition. You should consult with a contractor about all of your options when considering replacing or repairing your roofing material. If you need help finding contractors in Texas who can install rain gutters on existing homes as well as work on newer single-story properties, click here to learn about a rain gutter company in Kyle, Tx that offers free consultations!
Conclusion: Many homeowners mistakenly think they do not need rain gutters since their house was not built with rain gutters installed. But, rain gutters are a great way to keep your roof and home in good condition – rain or shine!
From growing moss and mold throughout the exterior walls of your house to causing other problems for your foundation – rain gutter installation can help you avoid these problems.…Continue Reading